Athens, Greece | 5 Days | November 2023 – CLOSED
Please complete the registration form and continue to payment.
Athens, Greece | October 29th 2023
October 29th – 2nd November 2023 | Athens
Join us for a 5 day activity packed gathering for travelling families to explore Athens, Greece, October 29th – 2nd November 2023
Welcome to historic Athens, a treasure trove of culture and family fun! Known as the cradle of Western civilization, Athens boasts iconic ancient sites like the Acropolis and Parthenon as well as winding cobblestone streets, charming neighbourhoods, and beautiful historic squares. Beyond its ancient ruins, Athens is a modern European capital with excellent museums, parks and gardens, delicious food, and family-friendly attractions.
We’ve handpicked the top FREE and low-cost activities to showcase Athens’ nature, arts, cuisine, history, and vibrant family offerings. The flexible itinerary leaves room to unwind, bond with other families, and customise with spur-of-the-moment ideas.
Athens has plenty of hands-on experiences for the whole family. The city’s history and liveliness combine for an unforgettable cultural experience and we can’t wait to share it with you!
About The Event
Our 5 day WanderHub offers ready-made itineraries, thoughtfully crafted with daily schedules that foster a sense of community and exploration among families. We take care of all the planning; all you need to do is show up and engage at your own pace.
We base our itineraries on several pillars and sample activities could include
- Walking tour
- Mini Olympics
- Arts and crafts workshop
- Historical Sketching
- Athens Riviera
- Hike up mountains
- National Gardens Treasure Hunt
Experience Local Culture
- Legendary Acropolis and Parthenon
- Bustling Syntagma Square
Our itinerary will include activities such as the above and more detail will be provided in the full itinerary two weeks before the start date.
Cost per Family:
GBP £100 Early Bird Rate (Available until 20th August)
GBP £125 Regular Rates
**Maximum of 10 families**
Accommodation in Athens:
For lodging, we recommend staying central in neighbourhoods like Plaka, Monastiraki, Psyri or Koukaki to be walking distance to major sights. Avoid downtown Omonia at night. Metro-accessible spots in Pagrati, Exarcheia or Neos Kosmos also work well.
- Plaka – This historic neighbourhood at the foot of the Acropolis oozes old-world charm with winding lanes, neoclassical architecture, and vibrant cafes and shops. It’s very walkable and tourist-friendly.
- Monastiraki – Adjacent to Plaka, Monastiraki has a buzzing flea market and lively square. It’s known for antique shops and street art lining the narrow alleyways.
- Psyri – East of Monastiraki, Psyri is a revitalised artsy neighbourhood with tavernas, galleries, and nightlife. It has a grungy, bohemian vibe.
- Koukaki – South of the Acropolis, Koukaki is quietly residential with a local feel. It has good dining options and is an easy walk to major sights.
Check out booking.com, airbnb or join local facebook groups to find suitable accommodation.
Choose accommodation nearby metro stops to make your travels around Athen’s easier.
- Metro – Athens’ metro system is efficient and inexpensive. It has 3 lines that connect to major landmarks and neighbourhoods. Purchase tickets at machines in stations.
- Walking – Many of Athens’ top sights are concentrated in neighbourhoods like Plaka, Monastiraki, and Psyri which are very walkable. Just wear comfortable shoes!
- Bus – An extensive bus network connects areas not accessible by metro. Buses run frequently but can get crowded.
- Taxis – Affordable taxis are everywhere in Athens. An average ride within the city centre costs around €5-10.
- Rideshares – Prices are comparable to taxis.
Beat – This is the most widely used rideshare app in Athens. Works almost identically to Uber with low rates and quick service.
Uber – Uber operates in Athens as well, though Beat tends to have more drivers available. Pricing and service are comparable to Beat.
Taxibeat – Another rideshare app linking riders to regular taxi drivers in Athens. Slightly more expensive than Beat/Uber but still affordable.
Taxiplon – A taxi e-hailing app working with Athens taxi fleets. Easy to book rides.
Welcome Pickups – Rideshare service focused on airport transfers and day trips outside Athens.
- Tram – A new tram line connects the city centre with the coast. It’s handy for beach access.
- Bicycle – Athens has dedicated bike lanes but the hilly terrain can be challenging. Bike rentals are available.